Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Why I support the writers' strike

While I should support my brother and sister writers in their effort to receive fair compensation for their work in television and movies, I don't. I support the strike for a purely selfish reason.

As my favorite television programs run out of new episodes and are replaced by reruns and bad reality TV, I find myself spending more time writing. The longer the strike lasts, the more I write. The more I write, the more I earn.

So, strike on brothers and sisters. At least this writer is benefitting from your struggle.

1 comment:

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I support the strike for both reasons though primarily becuase they deserve to be paid more.

Having not worked on my novel or anything much in the short story realm for over six months, I am finally getting my act toegther and working again. Slowly and with a lot of effort but the gears are finally turning again which is a relief.