Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Kindling

I am in the process of making some of my previously published short crime fiction available on Kindle. Rather than bore you with how much money I'm earning and how I'll soon retire to a villa on the south of France, how about if I tell you about the first three stories?

When the lady of the house seduces the ex-con tending her lawn, murder isn’t far behind.

Available now.






The Baker High School class of 1974 had big dreams. Then one father’s small crime changed everything.

“Dreams Unborn” was named one of the best mystery stories of the year by Joyce Carol Oates and Otto Penzler, editors of The Best American Mystery Stories 2005.

Available now.


When two young men break into a house and discover evidence of a horror beyond any they could imagine, one of them is forced to choose the lesser of two evils.

Uploaded this evening; should be available within 48 hours.

1 comment:

Brian Drake said...

Good luck, Michael! It's worth doing. My short story collection, for example, took three months to sell 10 copies; the new novel I posted has sold 13 copies in three weeks. Once people find you and like you, the sky's the limit, and you'll be posting a "you too can be a kindle millionaire" update before you know it!