Friday, May 14, 2010

Story twenty-three

I finished my 23rd short story of the year this evening. It's printing now and will go in the mail tomorrow.

This one is a 1,900-word mystery that I began August 11, 2009. I had written about half of the story before setting it aside. Late yesterday evening I rediscovered the story while looking for something to fit an anthology call for submissions. This story clearly didn't fit, but, as I reread what I had written, I realized that I knew what pieces were missing from the story. I stayed up well past my usual bedtime to finish writing the full draft. This evening I tweaked a number of sentences and rethought a few of my word choices, but left it essentially as i wrote it last night.

And I still need to find something that fits that call for submissions...

No comments: