Sunday, November 09, 2008

If you can't write, submit

I spent a good part of yesterday morning seeking markets for unsold manuscripts. I found markets for four manuscripts that I sent out as-is, and markets for two additional manuscripts if I were to revise them.

I often hear or--these days--read posts from writers complaining about a lack of markets for short fiction. Writers that blindly parrot the party line about a lack of markets only reveal their own ignorance and laziness. Writers that want to be published won't waste time complaining and will spend the time necessary to find the markets.

1 comment:

Kevin R. Tipple said...

yep--though I do lament the loss of a number of markets in the last couple of months. I fear that things will get worse long before they get better.

Hope the book is moving forward....

Kevin