Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Seeking an attention span

One of the problems I had pre-surgery, and one that's returned now that I'm no longer taking Metoprolol, is an inability to concentrate on writing one story at a time. I'll start working on a story, get an idea for another story and stop to work on it, and then stop work on that to work on a third story. Having so many stories in progress means never having to say I have nothing to work on, but it does get frustrating sometimes to realize how many completed manuscripts I might have if I wrote each story start-to-finish.

3 comments:

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Don't you think everything gets completed in the end? Do you have a bunch of stories sitting around unfished?

Michael Bracken said...

I doubt if everything will get completed in the end. I'm bound to kick-the-bucket with several works-in-progress still littering my hard drive.

I have more than 100 short stories in various stages of completion. If I never have another idea for a story, the ones I've already started should keep me busy for a couple of years.

But I intend to finish them all. Does that count for anything?

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Of course it counts. :))

And very cool too.