Friday, February 20, 2009

Writing opportunity for gardeners/essayists

I edit a weekly e-newsletter for Texas gardeners. Read back issues here: http://www.texasgardener.com/newsletters/index.html

I'm always looking for brief (500 words+/-) essays about gardening--serious or humorous--that I can use. Alas, there is no pay. Rights: one-time use and each issue is archived on-line after it's distributed via e-mail. Readership exceeds 2,200.

The essays must either be clearly Texas-centric or be "universal." (That is, essays about growing specific plants in Maine that clearly won't grow in Texas will be rejected.)

Reprints are welcome. Or dust off those rejected Chicken Soup for the Gardener's Soul and Cup of Comfort for Gardeners essays.

Send submissions (and questions) to me at Michael AT TexasGardener.com as attached Word files. Do not send submissions to my personal e-mail.

The editorship is a part-time gig so I'm only in the office for a few hours at a time a couple of days a week. Don't expect an immediate response from me, but if I haven't responded within two weeks, check with me. Sometimes submissions get caught in the spam filter and I have to go digging for them.

No comments: