Saturday, April 11, 2009

All quiet on the western front

I'm a member of three Yahoo groups devoted to writing short fiction--active in two groups, mostly a lurker in the third--and I've noticed a recent paucity of posts on all three group lists. Usually the lists are filled with posts from members about publications, sales, and rejections. Lately there's been next to nothing posted.

Has spring driven all of my fellow writers outside? Or is it worse than that--has spring driven all the editors outside so they're not responding to submissions?

4 comments:

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I'm way behind on reading my e-mail and have noticed that things are very quiet. I'm not sure why or what is happening. It does seem unusual for this time of year.

Stephen D. Rogers said...

Yeah, well don't expect me to start making some sales just so it isn't so quiet!

Susanne said...

It's a dirty rotten job, but somebody's gotta do it ...

I'll volunteer to rack up those sales and solve the "It's too quiet out there" problem.

Are you listening, editors?!

Michael Bracken said...

OK, Susanne can take one for the team. But, Stephen, you and Kevin need to be ready to step in if she needs an assist.