Monday, April 12, 2010

Story seventeen

I finished and submitted my 17th short story of the year this evening. This time it's a 2,100-word ghost story I started writing last week. All I had was a call for submissions from an anthology editor, a vague idea, and a couple of random sentences. After a long discussion with Plot Monkey this weekend, I realized I was trying to tell the story from the wrong character's POV. Once I changed the POV, the entire story fell into place. I wrote most of it yesterday and spent a few hours today revising the draft until I felt everything flowed. Then off it went.

3 comments:

Kevin R. Tipple said...

I hereby request that you clone plot monkey immediately and ship the clone north to me.

Michael Bracken said...

Sorry, Kevin, but all I have available is a clone of a clone, and if you've seen Michael Keaton in Multiplicity, you know what kind of trouble that leads to.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

True enough but desperate times call for desperate measures. lol

Plot squirrel? Plot duck?

I seem to only have a plot rock and I am getting zero feedback.