Friday, March 13, 2009

I've lost my connection to the world

When I booted up my computer first thing Thursday morning I discovered that I had lost my Internet connection, and I still have no Internet connection. I miss it. I miss it especially because in the span of one day I received pages proofs from a publisher and an invitation to submit to a magazine, messages I did not see until this morning when I checked my e-mail from a client's computer. Lack of an Internet connection has the potential play havoc with my career.

On the other hand, without an Internet connection, I actually spent all of my time at the computer last night writing--not checking the news, not playing poker, not reading Yahoo groups and message boards, and not surfing.

The only negative impact to my writing was the inability to keep www.dictionary.com handy. I actually had to resort to using a real dictionary.

I'm not sure how soon I'll get my Internet connection back, but the next few days could be both challenging and highly production.

No comments: